Welcome to Xaxero
(Pronounced Za-za-ro) SkyEye - Established 1995 providing
Quality Weather and Communications solutions
Updating satellite information tables (satellite elements)SkyEye uses information tables, known as satellite elements, in order to predict future satellite
passes accurately. Satellite elements are published daily by the North American Aerospace
Defense Command (NORAD).
If you have a direct internet connection from the computer running SkyEye, it is easiest to have
SkyEye do an automatic update as follows:
1. Start your internet connection if it is not already open.
2. In the Satellite Tracker window use the Satellite menu and select Update Elements.
3. In the Update Satellite Elements dialog box select Internet update and click Update.
4. Wait while SkyEye downloads the latest satellite elements and updates its information
5. Close your internet connection.
If you prefer, you can use another computer (for example at an internet café) to download current elements
Save this file to disk as weather.txt
If you wish, you can receive element updates by email by entering your email address at this web site: http://www.skyeye.co.nz/ when you get an Email with the elements Save this file to disk as weather.txt
To update satellite elements from disk, follow these steps:
1. Copy the new file weather.txt to a floppy disk.
2. Insert the disk containing the weather.txt file in your floppy disk drive on the computer running SkyEye.
3. In the Satellite Tracker window use the Satellite menu and select Update elements. If you prefer using toolbar buttons, click
4. In the Update Satellite Elements window select Disk update and click Update.
5. Wait while SkyEye updates its information tables.
Tip: If you obtain satellite elements from other sources, check that they use the standard NORAD two/three line element format.